

Another amazing mission trip in the books. Took a team of thirty two amazing people to Managua, the capital city of Nicaragua. We teamed up with a passionate young man Dominic Russo who has done massive crusades in so many countries, communicating the saving, healing power of Jesus Christ.
The things that took place are literally too many to list, but it is so always so humbling. Not only were many of the beautiful people saved from their sins and healed from diseases, but our team grew so much too. Young people praying with boldness and power, being filled with the Holy Spirit and living out what the kingdom of God is really about.
In the midst of all the amazing things that took place, I could not help having my heart burdened for America. I found myself asking God why these kind of events are so rare among christians in the U.S. Nobody believes that God is a geographical God and will only move in certain countries. Nobody thinks his love is somehow greater or further reaching outside of the states, and yet it is undeniable that more things are happening for the kingdom of God almost everywhere else on the planet. I was hoping God would answer me with a bold handwriting on the wall moment, or at least an email, but no go.
My opinion on why we are not seeing more of the miraculous in America can be summed up in one word. Expectation, or lack there of. Because we are so rich, and have need of so little, it is hard to truly believe God. I know we say we do, but far too often I think those are empty cliches that really mean "I'll handle this and if God wants to get involved too, he can." I'm as guilty as the next person so please don't think I'm railing on others, just observing.
I plan on talking more about this and also having students share their testimonies from the trip this Sunday at Radiant Church
so please come out and we will go after God together!!!
ps. Big thanks to my friend and co-worker Ashley for helping my blog look the best it ever has!!! She is an amazingly talented graphic designer and photographer. You should CHECK HER OUT!!!

2 comments:
Looks nice Ashley! =)
Pastor Jon-- umm, you better come next year and bring Kendra, too! That's all I gotta say. *grin* =)
Awesome!!!
Post a Comment