Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"bad planning" a sure hit for halloween




Just when British Petroleum thought it had stanched the flow of oil and bad PR, this little item washed up like an oil-drenched pelican on the shores of American consumerism.

If you're like me, you start planning your halloween costume super early, NO? Well just be thankful you're not like me. I know halloween is not supposed to be celebrated if you're really saved, but after going as Miley Cyrus last year and soaking in the 15 minutes of fame it brought me as thousands of crazed tweeners mobbed me for autographs, I'm kinda into it now.

Since we're only two months out or so, I figured it was time to get serious. That's when I stumbled across this. The "bad planning" (BP) costume ready for 2010 pre-ordering. What better way to show you care then to make fun of the worst ecological event to happen in our nations history? I guess they're only trying to poke fun at BP, but it does seem a little insensitive. Lot's of people are suffering because of it not to mention the wildlife and birds affected.

with a sticker price of 39.97 + shipping it's a little too rich for my blood, but the company owner is donating ten percent of profits toward the clean up effort in the gulf.

Two questions.
1. do I look alright as miley, cause I was leaning toward icarly this year

2. how should christians "celebrate" halloween?

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my... u look horrible! lol
i dont know if i like that idea of a BP guy...kinda sick!