Boy have I been lazy in my blogging!!! God has been putting things on my heart, I just need to find time to write them down=)
Ephesians 3:20 is a very familiar scripture that is quoted often. "now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or even imagine according to His power that is at work within us"
That is a LOADED Verse!!! Can I be honest and say I don't always live that way? In fact, too often I'm imagining things for my life that I don't even dare ask for much less believe that God wants to do it. Do I really believe that God can do more in my life thru his power in me than I can even think or imagine? How does that work?
Moses had a similar issue. After miraculously seeing God deliver Israel out of egypt by the ten plagues as well as crossing the red sea on dry ground, Moses had a doubting moment.
In numbers 11 the people were complaining about having to eat Manna all the time. They missed the onions and leeks they so "enjoyed" while being slaves in Egypt. God was not pleased with their lack of gratitude for his provision and told Moses to communicate to the people that they would not only get meat, they would get it till it was coming out of their noses.
Here's a snipet.....
Now the LORD will give you meat, and you will eat it. 19 You will not eat it for just one day, or two days, or five, ten or twenty days, 20 but for a whole month—until it comes out of your nostrils and you loathe it—because you have rejected the LORD, who is among you, and have wailed before him, saying, “Why did we ever leave Egypt?”’”
21 But Moses said, “Here I am among six hundred thousand men on foot, and you say, ‘I will give them meat to eat for a whole month!’ 22 Would they have enough if flocks and herds were slaughtered for them? Would they have enough if all the fish in the sea were caught for them?”
23 The LORD answered Moses, “Is the LORD’s arm too short? Now you will see whether or not what I say will come true for you.”
God says the people are going to have meat, but Moses, the same moses who saw all the miracles in egypt and spoke with God face to face as a friend................doubted.
How are you gonna do that God? If all the flocks and herds were slaughtered or every fish in the sea caught would that be enough for 600 thousand men? That's a whole lot of hot pockets and we don't even have bathrooms out here and you know how those hot pockets go right thru your people. (that's the message translation)
And God replies, "Is the Lord's arm too short? Now you will see whether or not what I say will come true" I love that. It reminds me of that commercial where the guy is scared to eat BK"s burgers cause his hands are too small. God's like, I got the oceans in my hands Mo, don't go thinking I got stumpy arms of provision!!!
I don't know what dream God has put in your heart. Maybe its for a healing, a financial breakthru, a loved one to know Jesus, a seemingly impossible situation. Our responsibility is not to figure out how in the world God could ever do that, we are called to believe that God is bigger than our imagination or any circumstance we're facing and His grace is ALWAYS enough.
His arms are Dikembe Mutumbo long, and he wants nothing more than to wrap you in them, hold you in his love, and let his power and glory be on display. Be encouraged today in that!!!!
When Anxiety Attacks
9 years ago

2 comments:
Good Stuff :D
Sometimes it's so hard to see past ur circumstance, but good to be reminded to try. Thanks.
Post a Comment