Kendra and I have started a new tradition in the Zondervan household. With two little ones and both of us so busy, it seems sometimes that even though we may be in the same house, we don't have the connection we want. Often by the time the girls go to bed, we both kind of collapse on the couch, exhale, and begin the process of vegging out in front of the hellevision until we fall asleep. (mispelling was intentional)
To remedy this, we have decided that on thursdays, we will put the girls to bed early (by faith) and then take turns cooking dinner and having a real "date night" at home. This way we don't have to pay a babysitter or tons of money on eating out and it can be even more romantic. Last night I made a fresh salad with poppy seed dressing and a filet mignon wrapped in feta cheese. It was a wonderful night that enables us to talk, connect and have specific time just for us.
What better night to start than valentines day!!! To my beautiful wife, thanks for being the most incredible mother wife and friend, and I look forward to what God has for us in the future.
See you next thursday:)
Love Jon

2 comments:
What a great idea!!! I think you're both very special and I wish you every happiness.
Love Mom
glad you guys get to do that! :) btw, the food looked good! lol
Post a Comment