Monday, February 11, 2008

ENCOUNTER WEEKEND CONTINUED!!




We are all alive!!!!! Not only did the God show up at camp, so did winter with a vengeance!! Despite the bad weather on sunday, Encounter was an incredible time of pressing into God and developing relationships with students. Here is a bullet point recap.....

Friday night--pastor Lee spoke on seeking God with all your heart. He told them that God had "set up" their generation to be light in a world of darkness. Every student came up to the altar and consecrated themselves again to God that night.

Saturday--climbed the icewall, went tubing. played an insanely rough game of igloo capture the flag--ate an enormous amount of french fries and chicken fingers (the camp food was amazing!)

sat pm--I challenge the students out of 1timothy 1:2 and what it means to be a "true" son or daughter. The worship was amazing and the presence of God was undeniable. When we talked about a true son being willing to be sent out, one girl told me she had a vision of people in heaven and people in hell and God showed her how urgent the message of Jesus was for her classmates to hear.

Sunday--recap of God's plan for us as a generation. I talked about how God took Abram out of his tent (gen.15) to see the stars that would be the number of his children. sometimes we can get so focused on our right now and God wants to take us out of our little corner and give us new eyes to see and believe the promise He has for us.

overall, I am amazed at how fervent our youth is for the presence of God. I am humbled and grateful beyond words at being able to be a small part of the spiritual development of these incredible students. I thank God for rescuing me and entrusting me with this message.

Special thanks to all the cabin leaders, worship leaders, and anna the nurse (she took great care of a sick girl:) All of you putting so much energy into this weekend led to its success and I appreciate all of you.

to the parents who had to pick up their kids in the storm, I apologize again but if I could control the weather, I would have made this a summer camp in february!!

God bless and keep livin LOUD!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that picture of you on the rocket. "To infinity and beyond!"
It was a great weekend. One to remember.

Bradi said...

Sounds AWESOME and love the pic of you in the mini plane. =)

Cassie said...

PJ your pics are amazing. LOL. The weekend was indeed great, such a great time! Oh and I'm glad we're all alive. :) Did you end up with any battle wounds from the igloo madnes??

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon,
sounds like you had a great time and I am praying for you!!

Love Mom