
Last week when Kendra and I flew to Colorado for the desperation Conference, we had to rent a car while in the denver airport for the hour drive into colorado springs. In an effort to be as cost effective as possible, I went with the economy car. When we got to the airport, I checked our itinerary and we boarded a shuttle bus to "Budget" rent a car to complete the transaction.
When I arrived, it was very much like the commercial for car rentals on television. Many people in line, few people behind the counter. Kendra waited with the luggage while I endured the painfully slow process. After about 45 minutes, I was next in line and greeted by a smiling budget employee. I handed her my confirmation papers and watched as she typed in the code. I wasn't too worried yet when I saw her take a second look at the paper and try the code again. I did become slightly alarmed when she grabbed the paper a third time and stared at it. She then proceeded to inform me that my reservation was with "advantage" rental car agency which was next door and not with budget. I of course grabbed the paper myself in disbelief, oh so ready to show her the error in her ways, only to realize that the reservation was indeed with advantage.
I then pleaded with the young lady that i had stood in line all this time and even a wife as beautiful and patiently understanding as mine (insert good husband points here) would have some difficulty believing this level of stupidity.
The budget employee assured me that she could get me a car and it would most likely be a better deal than Advantage offered.
As it turned out, she got me an H3 Hummer, with a navigation system for 10 dollars less than I had reserved a geo metro!!!!!
I of course mentioned none of this to my beautiful wife until we walked up to our luxury mountain climbing machine. I used the fancy remote to unlock the doors, and uttered in my most macho Don Johnson voice......this is ours. (I have no idea why for a split second I thought Don Johnson was macho)
Anyways, I would love to say for sure that the Holy Spirit led me to Budget on purpose, but I can't. I can say that it is a very good possibility that since I am God's favorite, He wanted me "rolling" in style!! Or not, either way, it was pretty cool.

4 comments:
Incredible!! Cruisin' in style... =)
That is a great story. Very funny. It was great to see you and Kendra, and to meet Ava and Addy the other night.
thats quite the story PJ...lol I'm sure you had plenty of leg room with that vehicle right?!
I'm not so sure how Al Gore would feel about the car that The Divine favored :)
Post a Comment