We are now closing in on the conclusion of the 08 summer games. I have to admit that I found myself watching more of it than I envisioned originally. In fact, I became obsessed with the U.S.A and their medal count. Anytime they would flash the totals and China would have more than us, I wanted to comfort eat. (weird I know, but sometimes my body just responds better when it has Ben and Jerry's.)
Anyways, the top story in all of Beijing is obviously Michael Phelps and his amazing, history setting run of eight gold medals. I'm sure every pastor in the world is going to find some way to squeeze him into a sermon illustration at some point. Who would of thought that a swimmer could become a household name? I was watching a special on MSNBC where his trainer told the world how Michael consumes over 8,000 calories a day and basically never leaves the pool.
I began to wonder if this ever happened to him? After all, 8,000 calories is a "ton" and if your whole life is spent in the pool..........
What do you think? Could this be the kind of poopulsion that gave him the finger length victory in the 100 meters? I wonder if he'd be disqualified if this happened or is it fine as long as it stays in his lane? These are the kind of olympic moments that stay with me a lifetime.
When Anxiety Attacks
9 years ago

5 comments:
I am so honored to work with a Pastor who has such creativity and imagination! No one but you could combine Michael Phelps incredible determination and victories with a pooping hippo. I think you should be concerned that other pastors are going to take your material. :)
Dude, that was foul!
This is waaaay worse than any cow tongue cooked OR raw!
Not to jump to conclusions, but I hope you would never coorelate Michael Phelps with a pooping hippo in any sermon!
Oh, that is so gross!!!!
wow, that was an awesome video.
I thought of you Kurt when I watched it. No way that hippo was a vegan!!
Post a Comment