I'm not an economist, and I'm probably grossly under qualified to even give an opinion on the state of the big three automakers and whether we (taxpayers) should lend them money, but lack of knowledge never stopped my opinions before:)
My first inclination was to say yes, because living in michigan, this affects us more so than other Americans. Now however, I have changed my mind. I believe lending them money will only offset temporarily the inevitable because nothing will change "inside" the corporation. They seem to want to continue doing what they have always done. As we all know, the big three ceo's testified before congress and asked for bailout money and here is my issue.(s)
1. they arrive in their private jets while trying to show the imminent need for a handout? That sounds a little like a man standing on a highway exit wearing an Armani suit begging.
2. Congress turns down the request, and gives them two weeks to come back with a specific plan for what they will do with the 25 billion dollars! Is that crazy to anyone else? Wouldn't you think they would have had that information handy for the meeting? Would it not make a little sense to come to a meeting where you are asking for 25 billion dollars with some idea of how you would invest it so that you won't be sitting there again in 6 months needing more?
I think the same thing happens in peoples lives. They come to church, experience God, realize that there are things in their lives that are detrimental to them, but ultimately they are unwilling to change!! They may understand the concept of God as a forgiver, but still look at him as a giant "bailouter". They treat Him like CEO's before congress and state their needs, but they do nothing to perpetuate the new life God offers.
The bible calls us to "repentance" To change the way that we think, thus moving away from sin, and towards God. Sin and God are not in the same place!!! To truly find God is to change direction, not just ask for forgiveness. I've seen a lot of people come to church and experience God's grace, but ignore the voice of the Holy Spirit leading them to "repent" (change direction). They may love the music, enjoy the teaching, and many other components, but they miss the one thing that experiencing Jesus is designed to bring.......A NEW WAY TO LIVE! I heard it said that the definition of insanity could be "continuing to do the same thing, while expecting a different result." God doesn't just want to repair you, He want to recreate you!!! (2 cor. 5:17)
I pray that the truth of life in Christ will come alive in this generation and a supernatural boldness to LIVE LOUD for Jesus will rise up in us all!!!
He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses AND FORSAKES them will have mercy.--prov. 28:13
When Anxiety Attacks
9 years ago

4 comments:
Amen to all that Pastor Jon, lets see this generation sane for Jesus. Normal needs to look different then what we know it today.
Yes, I believe one of the greatest weapons against the enemy is repentance, surrender. Not just a one time thing, but a life of surrender to Jesus saying, "You are God and I am not."
The curls on those girls! What beautiful children you have...little girls really are something special, aren't they? Nice to hear from you too! Keep posting : )
uncle jon i keep waiting for a thanksgiving blog! GET ON IT! =]]
~ashley
Post a Comment