Wednesday, July 22, 2009

technology

A wise man once said......."I still love technology," This decade has certainly had an explosion of technological advances especially in the world of social networking. Myspace facebook and twitter are literally blowing up especially among young people. Twitter is the latest and greatest of the three (not to sound like 1 corinthians 13, not quite faith hope and love) but i think twitter is my personal fav right now. Some would say it is a bit narcissistic, but I disagree. I have learned some valuable things from the peeps I follow in 140 characters or less to boot!!!!

Where was all this stuff when I was younger? We didn't have any of these "cool" outlets.

Here is my rendition of what tweets would have looked like in the 80's

On my way to a pat benatar concert, she is so totally awesome!
did you see growing pains last night? it was off the chain! mike Seaver is sooooooo dreamy!
rollerskating party tonight, I hope they play Wham's careless whispers!!
just bought a prom dress, shoulder pads too small, i'm bringing it back
tweeting right now from my friends dad's totally awesome new car phone!!
at the store buying more aqua net, these bangs are stressing me out!!

Ok thats all i've got, i'd love to hear any more 80's tweets you can think of, leave them as comments so i can reminisce!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um like gag me with a spoon!

dvd said...

How about these:

On my way to pick up a new pair of these new shoes called 'Reebok's', ever heard of them.

I just saw Culture Club in concert, it was DECENT!

I just picked up the new Duran Duran tape, totally awesome!

I love my new leg warmers, one is hot pink, the other is neon green!

Anonymous said...

those are classic!!!

What about movies???

Back to the Future tweets...
Sixteen candles...
Breakfast club...

I would have definitely tweeted about jelly bracelets and rolling our pants. Ridiculous!! heheee

Zondervan Life said...

How about, just put
New hot pink guard on my swatch watch

Kurt and Abbey said...

I used to love slap bracelets.

Roxanne Johnson said...

I was pretty young but I remember tight-rolled pants! They had to be just right or they looked funny. =)