I may have officially earned that title=) While Kendra was gone for a week on a woman's retreat in Texas, I set up a little extreme home makeover scheme without her knowledge. Those of you who know me are aware that I am barely capable of changing a light bulb, so obviously I had help. I had Grandma Linda take the girls and literally went on a home improvement two day whirlwind!! Here's a little list of the things I did, er I mean I had done.
Changed all the hardware on kitchen and bathroom cabinets,
fixed some broken cabinet doors and replaced hinges
installed towel racks and new shower heads in bathroom
cleaned entire house including basement
painted entire main floor including trim without her knowing the colors first!!
The biggest deal by far however was the installation of a dishwasher!!!!! Yes we were one of the few homes still in America that did not have one. Now we have a Kenmore instead of a "kendra do more=) we also upgraded from a beta vcr to vhs and traded in our pagers for cell phones. (ok, i made those last two up, but the part about the dishwasher really happened.)
As if that wasn't enough, I accomplished all of this while memorizing the 1000 page congressional health care bill and listening to Al Gore's inconvenient truth on Podcast. I feel it is important to multi-task.
Needless to say Kendra did NOT marry me for my handy man skillz, but it felt really good to surprise her and see the beautiful look of surprise on her face! I love you soo much Kendra and don't ever leave for a week again=)
ps. much Love to my brother in law Lee and my friends daniel, tommy, Isaac, Kurt, breena and Shawna for all their help in this!!

6 comments:
Wow! Impressive!
can you mention the paint color you used? it's gorgeous!
Thanks Brenda!! The paint was from sherman williams and the bluish green room is called drizzle. Sands of time and portabello were used in the kitchen and dining room.
I'm not sure how much help I was after I cut in the wrong wall... Looks great! You have totally redeemed yourself from the Bill Knapp's parking-lot proposal!
what kind of a low life would propose in a bill knapps parking lot Kurt!!?? It was Fridays parking lot.
Wow!!! Looks great!!!
I'm totally not surprised that Kurt did some painting. Darn it! I didn' inherit that gene from my mother.
Post a Comment