Friday, August 21, 2009

Love means nothing to a tennis player






Saw that saying on a t-shirt and while not exactly scriptural words to live by, it did catch my eye. Wednesday and thursday my buddy Mike and I embarked on a trek to Cincinnatti Ohio to attend a masters tennis tournament. It is a warm up event to the U.S open in New York so we weren't sure exactly what to expect, but we were both pretty blown away!! We saw four of the top five tennis players in the world and moved our way so close to the courts we could hear Andy Roddick swearing under his breath!! Mike and I have been playing tennis together on a regular basis for the last few years and both of us are HUGE tennis fanatics so this was a dream come true. We were literally so close to Roger Federer when he left the court that Mike touched his sweaty back and then I licked Mike's hand!!! OK, that's disgusting and not true, but Mike did touch his shoulder on the way out, it was INSANE!!

Best sporting event I've ever been to and hanging out with mike was an added bonus. He is a great friend and tennis partner and even though he tried to get me to eat fifty wings at BW3, I still got love for him=)

Here are a few pics of some of our heros=) It was one of those you really had to be there, AND love tennis moments, but since we were, and we do, it was all good!!!

2 comments:

Roxy said...

Fun times!

Anonymous said...

Now that is very cool!!!!