Ava has officially lost both of her front teeth. The first one came out at school after a blow to the grill from an angry first grader over playground turf. Ok, thats not true, except that it did fall out at school.
The next one was super loose and then started to rotate in her mouth while she was eating dinner which really freaked her out. Of course Kendra was at a small group so I had to deal with the snaggle tooth drama. It was hanging by a thread, but she wouldn't let me pull it out!! I didn't exactly have the perfect vocabulary for the situation and mildly alarmed her with my "it just needs one quick yank" declaration. There was little hope of compliance once I let that slip out. If i even touched her lip she started crying.
Ultimately we went with the ice in a washcloth routine and it was so loose that she ended up pushing it out herself with no blood, sweat, or tears.
Wasn't sure how to handle the monetary aspect of a lost tooth, even after much facebook advice. I was going to go with euro's under the pillow due to the declining value of the dollar, and with a one world currency imminently looming, I was sure this was the financially responsible choice. I went against my gut (Kendra helped with my gut change) and slipped a certificate under her pillow for a free toy of her choice (from the dollar store:) what can I say, I'm still dutch"
Here she is with her certificate and prize!!! Looking to download all i want for christmas is my two front teeth on the ole ipod this season.

3 comments:
the dog is the toy she came up with, i forgot to mention that.
"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth"
man, the tooth fairy has really upgraded! I remember getting like a quarter or something...maybe a dollar if we were lucky!
Post a Comment