Rumor has it that quite possibly the greatest cartoon ever (I say that only because Voltron may have the slight edge) is being brought back by Warner Brothers. Lion-o and his gang of feline friends will once again be warring against the forces of evil..........except for one little twist. Here are a few of the new cartoons highlights......
WB animation is remaking the Thundercats as an animated TV series. The setting is modern-day Earth, in a major city (possibly LA) The Thundercats are all teenagers. Their leader is Snarf who is now a mystic with a "third" eye. Each of the Thundercats has a weapon with an "Eye of Thunderra" and transformative powers (not just Lion-O) When they aren't fighting evil, the Thundercats play together as a rock band.
That last one is not a typo, or a joke.
Maybe I'm getting worked up over nothing here, but did that just say the cats are gonna be in a boy band? Is this what super hero's of my childhood have been reduced too? Backstreet boys meets Cheetara?
What's next, the transformers are going to start workin as a waitress at a cocktail bar during the day? Maybe He-man could moonlight as a Rent A Center repo man or something.
I can just hear the thundercats theme song being turned into a rap.....Thundercats, Thundercats, Thundercats, YO YO YO!!!!!!
They already got rid of the Smurfs, Gummi Bears, and Duck tales. Can't they leave one of my childhood cartoon memories alone?
3 comments:
Jessica Azzola
said...
Thundercats wasn't specifically my favorite, but i do love the old cartoons and have been disappointed and disgusted by the remakes I have seen. I would say that if anything people are being far too uncaring about the situation. This is what they are putting out there for our kids now. A bunch of cartoon shows where kids act like adults and believe in all sort of witchcraft and new age garbage. I get pretty fired up when I see satan trying to shove that crap into our children's minds! He wants our kids souls and he wants them in bondage. The younger they are, the more they are able to absorb like a sponge. I don't know about you, but I don't want my kids absorbing things like that into their minds. We'll be watching something else, thank you.
oh my goodness, I remember my brother and his little friend watching Thunder Cats everyday! He was so little that he used to call them Tunder Tats. hehehehe.
ps. Weren't u a little old for Thunder Cats??? I remember being in H.S. when it was on. (and we are the same age) hehehehe
Obviously you jumped on the bandwagon a little late Mo, the show debuted in 85 when we were only ten or eleven!!! For the record, I totally moved on to the rescuers by junior year=)
I am a man who has gotten exactly what he DOESN'T deserve. After years of living for myself and spiraling into drugs and partying, on march 14 1999 Jesus Christ rescued me from myself. Since then, I am far from perfect, but have never been the same. I am the senior associate pastor (kind of like assistant to the regional manager:) at the most amazing church ever (radiantchurch.tv) and the people there are amazing!!
I have a beautiful wife kendra of 8 years and two incredibly cute daughters, Ava and Adalyn.
3 comments:
Thundercats wasn't specifically my favorite, but i do love the old cartoons and have been disappointed and disgusted by the remakes I have seen. I would say that if anything people are being far too uncaring about the situation. This is what they are putting out there for our kids now. A bunch of cartoon shows where kids act like adults and believe in all sort of witchcraft and new age garbage. I get pretty fired up when I see satan trying to shove that crap into our children's minds! He wants our kids souls and he wants them in bondage. The younger they are, the more they are able to absorb like a sponge. I don't know about you, but I don't want my kids absorbing things like that into their minds. We'll be watching something else, thank you.
oh my goodness, I remember my brother and his little friend watching Thunder Cats everyday! He was so little that he used to call them Tunder Tats. hehehehe.
ps. Weren't u a little old for Thunder Cats??? I remember being in H.S. when it was on. (and we are the same age) hehehehe
Obviously you jumped on the bandwagon a little late Mo, the show debuted in 85 when we were only ten or eleven!!! For the record, I totally moved on to the rescuers by junior year=)
Post a Comment