Kobe Bryant is the best basketball player on the planet, (pause while I gargle bleach to get the taste out of my mouth having said that) but his team is on the brink of losing the nba championship. Lebron James was the mvp of the league and he went out early. He was the mvp last year too when Kobe and the lakers won. Before that, Kobe was the mvp and the Celtics won. Before that, Dirk Nowitski took mvp honors and the spurs won.
The mvp of the league hasn't hoisted a title in the NBA in seven straight years and in twenty years it has only happened eight times with four of those coming via Micheal Jordan who had arguably the best team in the history of the game.
Here's the point.......You can be a superstar, but the odds say you still need a good team around you to win it all.
The same is true in the Church world. Pastor Lee is one of the most annointed, talented, gifted leaders and communicators to ever grace the pulpit, (enter request for raise here=), but even more important, is the incredible team he has built around him. I look around the office and we literally have the most talented and faithful people I have ever had the privilege of working with. (Kristin Porter may actually be the best christian I personally know=) (She HATES when I say that!!) This translates directly to our volunteers as well. Every Sunday morning I am literally amazed at the amount of people who willingly pour their time, talent, and treasure into Radiant church because they believe in the mission. You guys all make up the DREAM TEAM and you're making an eternal impact for the Kingdom!!!!!!!!!
Pastor Lee is our superstar, but I know that he would rather win a championship (see those far from God coming to know Jesus), then just be the mvp.
Thanks for you amazing leadership and heart Pastor, I am honored to be a part of what God is doing thru Radiant Church and it's entire church wide "team".
When Anxiety Attacks
9 years ago

3 comments:
the 95-96 Bulls are the greatest team to ever touch the court. end of story.
...and Kristin Porter is the holiest Christian I know.
I second all of those sentiments, and i guess Id be behind ya on the raise, everyone likes raises :p
Post a Comment