so cute. Addy tried not to act like she was too excited or nervous, but you could tell it was a really big deal. Last night when I tucked her in she asked me when it would be tomorrow. I told her when you wake up in the morning. "Then I go to school?!" Yes honey, then you go to school.
I dropped her off along with the fifty five million dollars in supplies we're required to pay for on top of christian education (i'm not bitter=) and watched her interact with her brand new classmates. A boy (obviously not good enough for my daughter) tried to talk to her and I quickly shot him a threatening glance while doing the throat cut with my finger motion, KIDDING!! I did pass him a note saying I'd be waiting by the swing set after school for him if he ever talked to her again, but he never showed.
Anyways, a new chapter is beginning in our lives and I guess I'm ok with it. I told her on the car ride to school that I wanted to pray for her in three ways.
1. God would protect her
2. she would have a mind ready to learn
3. she would show her classmates and teachers the love of Jesus
Right in the middle she blurts out, "Dad, are you closing your eyes?" I explained to her that I had to drive and God would still hear, but I'm not sure she was convinced=)
Love you Addy!!!

1 comment:
Jon,
First, I want to say what a blessing Addy is to our classroom. She is so sweet and caring of those around her and just is a joy to have. Next, I want to apologize for the amount of supplies that we asked for. I really felt terrible when I read that in your blog. I need to work on seeing how I can possibly decrease that.
Your blogs are great and I love seeing your family sharing in God's goodness.
Serving Him, Dawn
Post a Comment