

can't we all just get along? I remember in my old c.r.c church days, showing up with my dad for the good ol saturday morning pancake breakfast. We would throw a few bucks in the folgers can and sit down to tackle a tower of fluffy goodness.
Those days are seemingly over as the war over "IHOP" is getting heated. Apparently the "international house of pancakes" is suing the "international house of prayer" over the use of it's acronym. The pancake house claims to have had the letters coined in the 1950's while the prayer house has only been around ten years. This bodes the question of why the pancake giant would wait until now to make a fuss? It seems they fear that there will be some confusion now that some of the international house of Prayer's are serving food...................?
Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine that anyone is going to walk into the pancake house and say they want Mike Bickle to wait on their table, nor can I imagine anyone walking into a 24 hour prayer center and ordering a short stack. But maybe some people might replace the annointing oil with blueberry syrup and that could make things pretty sticky.
I'm just thankful that the group J.O.N (jolly odd neanderthals) have allowed me to keep my name without litigation. I don't have time to take this to court and I heard they have a pretty powerful attorney named Lucy?
Well I'm off to make some pancakes, I might just pray over them too, and maybe I'll confuse myself.

3 comments:
One is a 24/7 house of prayer and the other is a 24/7 house of pancake batter. I'm sure LOTS of folks were getting the two mixed up. Can you imagine the disappointment of walking into the international house of prayer thinking that you are going to get a tall stack of flap jacks and hot syrup, or a "rooty tooty fresh and fruity," only to realize that it's "global bridegroom fast" day and everyone is hungry, singing and hugging a bible?
Oh, here is my favorite line... "The lawsuit further accuses the church mission of adopting the name International House of Prayer knowing it would be abbreviated IHOP — the intent being to misappropriate fame and notoriety of the food chain."
HAHAHAHA... Riiiiiiiight... Mike Bickle knew it was going to be advantageous to piggy-back on the "fame and notoriety" of a national restaurant chain to boost a movement of prayer and fasting. Of course!!! that's a brilliant marketing scheme! Maybe we should change the name of our church to Kalamazoo Family Church (KFC), so we can ride on the coattails of fried chicken parts!?!
I hope this gets laughed out of court.
crazy, yet a bit hilarious! and you better watch out... the Jolly Odd Neanderthals might be coming after you soon :)
As humorous as this is, (and believe me, I laughed) I don't think it will be laughed out of court.
Living in KC there have actually been a number of times in my friend group where the mix up has taken place. Hanging out in a group at 1 am and seeing if everyone wanted to go to IHOP only to find out later (and too late) that half the people were thinking worship, half were thinking food...
Reasons like that give me the impression that this suit will unfold.
Post a Comment