I"ve always been a Phil collins fan. I mean who didn't sing along to groovy kind of love while saying take a look at me now as you felt it in the air tonight? And who hasn't had at least one girl that stayed on your mind named, Su su sussudio? Kendra and I played "separate lives" at our wedding for Pete's sake!!! (jk, it was love stinks=)
I was pretty shocked to see an interview with Phil where he revealed he'd been contemplating suicide for years but decided against it because of his children.
Here is a small part of the interview....
"I wouldn't blow my head off," he says. "I'd overdose or do something that didn't hurt. But I wouldn't do that to the children."
The 59-year-old Oscar and Grammy-winning solo artist has five children from three marriages.
"A comedian who committed suicide in the '60s left a note saying, 'Too many things went wrong too often,'" Collins says. "I often think about that."
"I sometimes think I'm going to write this Phil Collins character out of the story," he says. "Phil Collins will just disappear or be murdered in some hotel bedroom, and people will say, 'What happened to Phil?' And the answer will be, 'He got murdered, but, yeah, anyway, let's carry on.' That kind of thing."
Sometimes it's so easy to associate talented wealthy people with having it all together. After all, they have money, fame, and world wide recognition, what could possibly be wrong? The truth is that people are searching for something and may not even know what it is.
Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken---Psalm 62:4-6
David understood something our world has not figured out. Rest, hope and salvation are found only in God. No matter what you may have accomplished in this world, everything that is not grounded in Jesus can and will be shaken. Your life amounts to very little outside of a relationship with Jesus Christ.
I pray that Phil Collins finds the hope and rest for his soul available only in King Jesus.
When Anxiety Attacks
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment