Monday, December 27, 2010

the gift receiving response

There's nothing quite like looking at your child's face as they open a gift and marvel at the wonder of Christmas. They can't wait to rip the box open (unfortunately they usually have about fifty twisty tie things in the back that you have to undo) and begin to experience the newness of whatever this new gift may be.

There are also those gifts you receive that do not quite elicit the same level of excitement. You know what I mean. The paper comes off and immediately your mind is racing to try to come up with a response that at least borders on appropriate. Here are ten things you hope you never hear after someone opens the gift you brought them.


1. I can't wait to wear this..........in the basement

2. If this ever catches fire, I'm gonna be sooooo mad

3. what is it? Oh of course. You know, I really don't deserve this

4. boy did I pick a bad year to donate all my gifts to charity

5. why do you hate me?

6. Christmas is about giving, does anyone else want this?

7. Wow, it cuts hair and it vacuums? I can't wait to try it

8. This will go so nice with that light up sweater you got me last year

9. It's perfect! What day is our trash pick up again honey?

10. get out of my house, now.

Hopefully your Christmas gift experience brought nothing but rainbow smiles and Unicorn tears.

No comments: