Friday, January 28, 2011

pajama friday





I love being the room helper at Ava's school. You get to help kids open their chip bags and fruit cups, and try not to think about what percentage of the taco meat is actually beef. Then you get to spend 18 of the 20 minutes of recess helping kids put on snowpants, zip up coats, find missing gloves and squeeze into winter boots before heading out.

Ava's class brought in the most canned goods for a food drive so they got to wear their pajamas on friday instead of the school uniform. I thought about joining the fun and showing up in my boxers and slippers, but then I remembered adults get arrested for that.

Ava was so cute and I tried hard not to embarrass her too bad. I had a little 6 year old boy come up to me and ask me if I was Ava's dad. I said yes and he replied with "does Ava have two dads?" I'm sure there are a lot of children that have to navigate the reality of divorce but it took me a little of guard. I patted his head and told him she just had me=) I love kids!!

No comments: