Monday, February 7, 2011

sledding and daddy time






Maybe Kindleburger hill was a little too big for the girls, but I give them credit for wanting to try!! Took the girls sledding on sunday night and I can't believe how big they are getting. I feel sometimes like the moments we have together are slipping thru my fingers like sand thru an hourglass (so are the days of our lives)

Walking up the hill together, I reached out to take Ava's hand so it would be easier to get up and I took that moment to try to draw parallels between what i was doing to help her and what Jesus does for us. I know that sounds like I'm super holy or something, but I really try to find ways to make Jesus real in their lives at a young age.

Anyways, we get almost to the top and Ava says 'Daddy?" I said "what honey?" "I love You"

My heart could have melted all the snow on that hill. It's hard to imagine that the creator of the Universe is even more moved when I say that to Him.

I love being a dad.

No comments: