The other day I made an amazing discovery. I was baking a delicious pizza for dinner, and I used the handy little pizza cutter thing to transform it into eight or so delectable slices. (none of this is amazing yet I know, just wait, it gets amazinger) Of course the pizza cutter was covered in sauce, cheese and my tongue print as I attempted to lick it, but instead of just leaving it on the pizza tray to take care of after the inhalation of Digiorno goodness, (with cookies).......... I decided to run it under the sink.............right away.
It was incredible. The hot culligan-purified well water cascading over this brilliant invention brought back its silver shine with no scrubbing or soaking. I stood there in amazement, recalling the former times where I would leave the gadget for at least a day and have to scrub with steel wool and paint thinner to remove the caked on elements.
Here is the lesson I learned........ Things end up being easier to deal with, when you take care of them right away. I recently experienced how true this is with pizza cutters, but believe it or not, there are more important situations where this principle is applicable.
You notice a particular sin in your life that maybe you've struggled with before rearing it's ugly head, don't ignore it, don't wait, address it before it gets caked on and tries to set in to your life permanently.
Your relationship with your spouse is strained or something has happened to cause your heart to withdraw or become detached.............begin to take steps right away.
Stress at work or busyness is taking you away from your family and causing worry and financial fear to dominate your heart.........Don't just wait hoping things will get better, address it right away.
Disappointment with God or complacency in your faith has caused you to lose your passion and zeal for life and the Lord. Acknowledge it, and bring these things to God right away.
I don't know your situation, but I do know God desires for you to walk in His freedom and nothing gets easier when you avoid, deny or ignore it.............including the dishes
When Anxiety Attacks
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment