Saturday, March 15, 2008

happy birthday to me?


Not really, but March 14th is my "spiritual" birthday. Sunday march 14th 1999 at Resurrection Life Church in Richland michigan, I responded to an altar call and gave my life to Jesus. I still have the cassette tape of the service and can still remember sobbing at the front of the church as I finally "let go" of all of the junk in my life.
God has done so many things since I can't even begin to list them. My beautiful wife Kendra, and my two daughters are certainly at the apex of God's blessings in my life. I also thank God for the opportunities I have daily to influence the lives of others and help connect them to God in my role as a pastor. I thank God for my Pastor Lee Cummings for believing in me and taking me under his wing. I appreciate all you have modeled for me as a husband, father, and man of God. Your also a great boss=)

My dad passed away from cancer four years ago and I think about him often. He was my biggest encourager and always told me what a great preacher I was going to be. I bet he is still writing out cards in heaven and I can't wait to read them when I get there. I miss you dad and I thank God for the time we had together and I look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for loving me even when I was a snot nosed punk who was unlovable and instilling in me a desire to encourage others as you did.

sometimes it feels longer than nine years, and sometimes it feels like yesterday, but I look forward to many more years living my life for the one who died for me.
thank you father for your unreasonable love and for using me despite all my shortcomings. May your grace never cease to be amazing to me.

ps. If I had known about THIS, I may not have waited so long to get on the ball:)

No comments: