
I;m sorry, but as a father of two little girls I am more than just mildly disturbed by the new fashion line, "house of Dereon" put out by Beyonce Knowles. To me it symbolizes all that is going wrong with our society. Seriously, these girls are five and six years old and we want to put make up on them, dress them in high heels and top it off with a pimp hat? If Beyonce chooses to be "bootylisious", more power to her, but can't children stay innocent for a few years?! seriously, what happened to gymboree?!!! I have no problem dressing your girls up as cute as you want to and expensive clothes are your prerogative. My issue is the message we are already sending to young girls that they need to be skinny, sexy and seductive to get attention, now we are communicating that to five year olds? Its really not as much the clothes (although they are way over the top) as it is the marketing ploy. Whats next, thong diapers so your 3 month old can flaunt at daycare? Maybe I am getting too worked up about this. I would really like to know your thoughts.
I pray a hedge of protection around my girls in the name of Jesus, may their beauty and value come from how God made them, not this worlds system.
OK, I'm off my soapbox now.

6 comments:
Stay ON your soapbox brother Jon! Amen and Amen!
wow, that's disturbing.
Seconding the Amen brother.
Our girls will only be showing as much skin as a t-shirt and skirt to the knees will allow!!
(Until they're 30 when they are then allowed to date and make their own choices! ) =)
I see everyone else already said 'Amen!' so I'll say thank you! I wish more people would speak out about it- I don't even like my daughter to wear a two piece bathing suit... Tables sure do turn when we're the ones parenting... :)
that is rather sad...yikes. Your girls ARE princesses and God will grow them into women whose hearts belong to him alone and bring their princes into their lives someday-dont worry the prince part is a ways off ;). Keep praying over them and those prayers will add up!!! :)
I like it when you get on your soapbox - keep it up. Although I really did 'laugh out loud' at the thong diaper comment.
Post a Comment