As I type, my wife and I are on a doggie adoption trial run with my sisters dog Java. He is a super sweet chocolate lab with a propensity for pooping and chewing:) I am right now convincing my wife that he should remain a zondervan and to think of how much the girls will love him for years to come. she told me that her former love for dogs has been replaced by children, and if she did get one she would want a small dog. I am in the process of convincing her that little dogs although cute, are quite useless and we might as well get a pet rat. she tries to remain indifferent, but I have secretly observed her having a few tender moment with him.
Here are so me random pics and if anyone knows any quick tips for dog obedience, I'm all ears so leave a comment!!

10 comments:
My cousin used to have a naughty dalmation. He went to obedience school, but flunked out. No, seriously.
Oh he's cute but I am still with Kendra.
Small dogs: cute, fluffy, easy to keep in small places.
Big dogs: slobbery, hairier, take up half to all of the couch if you let them.
Maybe a chihuahua would be better? That is a great visual - John walking a chihuahua.... At least thier hair would match...
I've heard that pet rats are actually very handy to have around. Apparently they scare away all mice.
I just watched Ratatouille the other night... great kids movie
That dog is gorgeous. Kendra will eventually fold.
BTW - I'd get one too, but I have Bradi to keep me company :)
I think he should stay :)
If you got a small dog, it could get hurt too easily by the kids. They could step on it accidentally and break it's leg, or squish it to death. I say go with the bigger dog! And you just CAN'T go wrong with a lab!!
I think you should get a big dog. Our great dane was 155 lbs. I would get one again, but Debbie says no. Thier great.
I nearly didn't survive our lab experience but other lab lovers kept telling me that the 3rd year was the magic year. I was very skeptical as it was very much like having another hyperactive child in the house..only worse as diapers on dogs are just not the norm. Those lab lovers were right and our lab is the best behaved, most loving and loyal animal and it all happened at 3 years of age. I can't imagine not having him around. She will be worth the wait if you can wait that long. Take an obedience class...they are worth it. Our dog didn't pass with flying colors but it taught us so much and gave us some tools to work with. Good luck!
Aww... He's so cute! I think you should keep him! (although coming from someone who is allergic to dogs) =)
Post a Comment