Saturday, May 23, 2009

one down, thirteen to go






Kendra and I sat in the audience wiping tears from our eyes as we saw Ava walking toward the principle to receive the reward of all her hard work toward academic excellence.......;.... not really. But it was cute to see Ava complete pre-school and perform at the end of the year recital. She had her little cap and certificate and even knew the entire pledge of allegiance.

Also when the teacher asked the children what we always do before we eat, Ava was the first to triumphantly yell "PRAY!"
Everyone scanned the crowd to see who could be the parents of this holy child. Kendra and I sat there reading our bibles and speaking in tongues as if we didn't even notice. Our family's holiness had never been more prominently displayed and you could cut the spiritual envy from the other parents with a knife. It was apparent that most of these heathen mom and dads let their kids eat without saying grace, but far be it from me to point the condemning finger. Other preschools tried to grab the halo that was over Ava's head, but it was obvious who the annointed one was. Revival broke out and 3,000 were added to the faith that morning.


Anyways, Ava is getting so big and I can't believe an entire school year has been completed!!!

5 comments:

Ratliff Family said...

Congrats, Ava! What a big girl!

Anonymous said...

it always cracks me up when I see graduation for everything now. Kindergarten, elementary school, middle school. etc. But it is still cute.

That was quite the dream sequence you had going on there... I could almost see the fade in/out with dry ice smoking in between. hehehe

Cassie said...

Aww the pictures are priceless. Congrats! And I was laughing out loud at your little narration of the holy moment...oh goodness..

Anonymous said...

Jon you are to much!

Roxy said...

Hahaha! Where do you come up with these elaborate renditions?? =)