Not a single june post may lead you to believe that little is happening in the zondervan world...........as Bart would say, "oh contrare monfrare" I plan to make up for lost time by posting more regularly this month, but I shall start out with a bit of "bad" news. Addy had her first dentist appt and lets just say her jolt cola days are OVER!!!! She had six count them six cavities at the tender age of three!!! Kendra sat there in disbelief while the dentist called social services ( not really, but that crummy parent feeling was hard to shake). I contribute our lack of dental hygiene zeal to a good old case of second time around syndrome. With Ava, we were militant in her brushing habits and made sure we were in the bathroom with her as every tooth received such tender loving care. With addy, we basically showed her once and sent her in with Ava to brush before bed. She could have been gargling sierra mist for all we knew.
I hope our image of being loving responsible parents has not been too tarnished. We have vowed to stop sending her to bed with pez dispensers and she's no longer allowed to run with scissors while sucking lollipops. What can I say, were trying.
I'll have more updates when she gets these cavities filled and hopefully they won't need to call in an anesthesiologist to get er done.

8 comments:
She's going to loose those first teeth anyway, so don't feel too bad.
Yea don't feel bad at all! Aaron had 17 before he lost his baby teeth and now thats alot! lol
wow!!! 17!!!! Now I know why you chose to stay anonymous!!!:) just kidding of course, some children just have soft teeth right?!!:)
Hilarious post! - rinsing with Sierra Mist - bad idea. Our son had five at one time at age three. Sadly, they do still fill baby teeth but he didn't need to be put under - just numbed up. My mom looked me straight in the face and said, "well, your kids do eat a lot of candy." THANKS MOM!
Good luck with those next few dentist appts. I finally had to tell my dentist to stop telling my son what he was going to do and in the infamous words of Nike, "JUST DO IT." :)
Maybe I should stop letting Abby play with tooth picks too.
I had tons of cavities when I was little too, while my sister had hardly any. Plus, then I had braces, had to get teeth pulled and a crown. Some people just aren't blessed with good teeth! (Sending your kids to bed w/pez though might not be the best idea. hehehee)
Morgan had none...Madison had NINE! I was ready to crawl into a whole too, completely embarrassed. But they eat the same stuff, brush (reluctantly), so it can't all be our fault, right???? When Madison had hers filled it was okay, but make sure Addy doesn't bite her lip afterwards, Madison didn't like the numb feeling and chewed on her lip. It was NOT pretty.
Awww. Did she cry at the dentist?
Post a Comment