Took the girls to Radiant Church's new youth pastors house to do a little sledding on my day off friday. Josh and his wife Jessica just joined our staff and moved to the area. I am so stoked about what God has for him and his wife here at Radiant!! Cool story of how he and I re-connected, but that's for a different post.
Anyways, sledding with a three and five year old has its own challenges, but especially when they are girls!!! No offense to the weaker, should be at home barefoot and cooking gender, (whoops, did I just type that? I am KIDDING!) but not only did they have to stay warm, but everything must be pink, stylish, and God forbid the hat mess their hair up!!!!
When we finally began sledding, there was a ton of powdery snow because no one had gone sledding yet so it was dad's job to go down the hill fifty straight times to create a proper sledding surface. Of course if the girls went off the path I made, snow flew up in their faces and somehow that was all my fault? Addy's face was so rosy by the end, it literally looked like she had painted herself red with a marker!!
Walking up the hill is always the worst part of sledding. Turning your boots inward and waddling like a duck for traction, as well as all the huffing and puffing of going up a hill with fifty layers on and a sled in tow. I seriously wish I had brought our video recorder because I had Ava and Addy quoting Rocky Four as we went up the hill!! Ava is breathlessly chanting "no pain, no pain!" while Addy is making the declaration "Rocky never quits!" on the way up!=) It was a total classic. What dad's heart wouldn't melt at the prospect of his girls quoting such inspirational lines from this life changing film?
Anyways, I knew it was time to, pardon the rocky pun, "throw in the sledding towel", when at the bottom of the hill Ava looks at me and says, "daddy?" "yea" I said. "Rocky feels pain now." =) "ok honey, we can go=)"
All in all, we had fun, relived rocky four memories, and even had hot chocolate (or barely luke warm chocolate as my girls prefer) after the ordeal!!
Thanks Josh and Jessica for letting us hang out!!!

1 comment:
whatever, Rocky IV is the greatest Rocky movie of all time ("I must break you") Are they ready to graduate to Pinery Park status yet? we hit that last year and Bobby almost got taken out trying to catch the kids at the bottom of that huge hill!
Post a Comment