
Its never a great day when your babysitter calls and through tears and panic informs you that your oven is shooting out flames!!! My wonderful niece was attempting to make cookies with Ava and Addy while Kendra and I were working at church. She came upstairs because of a weird smell and flames were shooting out of the bottom of the oven and smoke was everywhere!! She wisely grabbed the girls and took them outside and called me at work. I rushed home and the whole house and garage were filled with smoke and my two girls and Ashley were huddled on the back porch under a blanket!
Turns out that Addy (I am picking on her because she can't defend herself and Ava of course is telling me it was her) had decided to use the broiler under the oven to hide a few books, dolls, and stuffed animals. By the time i got there there were only hot embers were there once were stories of green eggs and ham. I cleaned everything up and managed to get the girls to go near the oven again without Addy crying and thanked God for keeping them safe.
Great job to Ashley for the quick response and sorry for the drama, you are certainly earning your 2 dollar and hour family rate:)
for all you parents of toddlers, make sure you check the oven for a possible toy stash!
I forgot to mention that when they were outside, Ava was praying to Jesus to save her toys and informing Him that when her daddy got there he was going to put that fire out!!! Its always great to be the hero:)

2 comments:
oh geez...
Okay, first of all, I love your last post and the new "do". Bald is beautiful!...and totally sexy, I'm sure Kendra is loving it by now!
Second, your header is awesome.
Third, your story is both hilarious and freaky. Thank goodness everyone is okay!!
Post a Comment