we had another party on thursday for Addy with the "zondervan" side. We combined it with my niece Tiffany who is also a February Birthday. Thanks Uncle Jim and Aunt Amy for making the trip from holland, it was great to see you again=) The "hit" toy was this little baby elmo that cries for its baba, snores, and says excuse elmo right after it burps. Both girls love it of course and it is often the cause of much sisterly "love" in our household. Ava seems to think that her "having it first" somehow should trump the fact that it is actually Addy's toy. I'm glad me and my siblings never fought over anything......right mom?
On a much more sour note, Addy got her finger slammed in the bathroom door while I was gone. I knew it wasn't good when i was on the other line and I got about 5 frantice calls/texts in about 30 seconds. Ava slammed the door while Addy's finger was in the part where the hinges are. She yanked it out and peeled all the skin back on her right index finger. I love my wife to death but sometimes the moment gets the better of her, the phone call went something like.....there's blood everywhere and her finger tip got sliced off!!!! It wasn't exactly that bad, but the skin was peeled back and it was pretty deep. I guess that isn't the time when most mom's would naturally stay calm and see the glass as half full:) Anyways, she is doing much better now and even does little re-enactments of the incident by pretending to smash her finger in the door and then fake crying. It is very cute:)
\
thanks to my brother in law lee for stepping into the dad role and coming over to calm the fam down. You gotta love having relatives close by:)

2 comments:
Aw, poor Addy. You know, maybe she'll be an actress some day..but glad her finger is ok :)
Ouch that looks painful!
Post a Comment