Thursday, March 6, 2008

random thoughts

Kendra and I are considering a family outing to the great wolf lodge water park. I already know where all my girls are getting there swim wear this year. I wish they had more stuff for guys, after having 2 children, I think i may have to go back to a one piece this summer.

Also I stumbled upon this disturbing video of a police officer going off on a 14 year old kid for skateboarding. As a youth Pastor I am aware that there is often a disconnect between generations and that young people are not always known for exemplary behavior, but I think this crazy guy is a great example of why teenagers feel they would rather rebel against society then attempt to find their place in it.

9 comments:

Bradi said...

LOL! Oh my word,I can't even watch the video b/c I'm wetting my pants over the link for swim suits!!!
Find out if they have a group discount and I will FOR SURE go "in" on an order. Love it, where do you find this stuff??
(p.s. Will want to know all about the GWL as we are contemplating a trip there next fall...)

Bradi said...

OH my WORD, I'm wetting my pants over here about the link for swim suits!!! LOL!!Seriously, find out if they have a group discount or something and I'll go "in" on an order for the girls...
(p.s. Will want to know a/b the GWL as we are contemplating a trip there next fall)

Bradi said...

"The skirt snaps between the legs for in the water and unsnaps for playing on the beach or going to town without changing".

Okay, still peeing pants over here when I read more extensively the website's details on the suits...so glad they can "go to town" immediately after swimming!

Zondervan Life said...

bradi, can you imagine the tan I'm going to be able to get on my hands and ankles!!! Maybe we can get a multiple family rate on the shipping since you have two girls also=)

The Brogger's said...

Count me in on the swim suit order. Since we bought a new house with a pool Debbie will be looking for a new suit.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Jon, where do you come up with this crazy stuff?!!

btw, you are the best uncle ever ever ever ever and I can't tell you enough how awesome you are.

Love your totally devoted niece,

Ashley

Ps. Thanks for showing me how to leave a comment by writing this one yourself.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Jon, where do you come up with this crazy stuff?!!

btw, you are the best uncle ever ever ever ever and I can't tell you enough how awesome you are.

Love your totally devoted niece,

Ashley

Ps. Thanks for showing me how to leave a comment by writing this one yourself.

Cassie said...

Wow, that cop guy ...could've went around that differently. Sad times. I was surprised someone walking by didnt do anything! THey were probably scared! huh.
good luck with the suit shopping..??

Brenda said...

I'm not so sure what all the laughter is about in regards to those swim suits. Hey...if I get a nose piercing, will I too begin to mock all things wholesome??! (Tee Hee!)