I am starting a new series in our youth ministry on spiritual boldness and sharing your faith. I remember seeing on a website at a church some classes offered for "evangelism" I began to wonder what that looked like.......
I was reminded of a recent trip to the new super-walmart here in kzoo. The lines were insanely long and 2 guys in front of me started to talk about nascar (i guess there was a race that took place that day?) Thankfully I don't know much about the "sport" (and I use that term loosely) of nascar but I was amazed at how these two began discussing tire changes, pit stops, hazard laps, who cut who off etc, etc.
Sitting in my office it dawned on me that they didn't need to take a class about how to share their love of nascar. These guys were talking about ford vs chevy and putting stickers of dead guys numbers on their cars just because they were passionate!!
There is no "how to talk nascar" seminar or classes these guys took, they talk about what matters to them! Seminars aren't a bad thing, but I don't think boldness in sharing your faith is an educational problem that a class will solve, it is a passion problem that falling more in love with Jesus will solve!!
I am asking God for a renewed heart for the lost. I am asking God for opportunities to share my faith, tell people where I go to church, and invite them to our awesome church!! Whether that is when i'm out to eat, getting my haircut, or in line at the supermarket, I like Paul, want to "never be ashamed of the gospel, for it is the very power of God unto salvation!!" romans 1:16
I pray that all my students at Pulse and Surge will come with me on the journey!!!
more about another crazy thing that happened to me at walmart in a later post.
When Anxiety Attacks
9 years ago

1 comment:
That's a really good point, Pastor Jon. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment