yesterday we went over to some friends of ours house and got all the littlins together!! They have 3 boys all 3 and under, and of course Kendra and I have yet to accomplish the feat of brining a little boy baby into the world.
My children would not touch the lasagna, but Mandy wasn't offended that they only ate bread and dessert.
Michael is a youth pastor of the church right up the street from us so it was fun to talk shop and learn a little more about each other and our families.
The last time we got together at their house, Ava walked for the very first time so Kendra and I were wondering if anything monumental might take place with our children this time.
For me there were three highlights,
1. Addy's obsession with their three month old baby Isaac. He was a beautiful baby and sooo content. She constantly asked where he was and was really only happy when she got to hold and "pet" him. She was sooooooo sweet, she even had her little arm supporting his neck.
2. Their two year old Noah filled his diaper up to the brim and of course both of my children were gathering around him in order to see the carnage as he got his diaper changed. I don't know why but Ava is obsessed with seeing Addy's poop when she does the deed and this time both of them were crowded around watching like it was a magic trick.
3. Just before we were ready to leave, the two older boys were wrestling and jumping on each other. Suddenly Noah (the two year old) walks up behind Ava ( a rather large almost 4 year old) and drags her to the ground and lands on her!!! Ava's look of complete shock and awe was priceless!! This sort of "playing" is obviously a far cry from her and Addy's doll and pony obsession!! I had to assure her in the car that Noah just wanted wrestle her because that is what boys do when they like someone and that there was no reason to be concerned:) Maybe I need to be a little rougher, she pretty much got the beat down=)
Thanks Michael and Mandy for a great time and for letting Addy play Mom:)

3 comments:
Hi Jon!
I leave reading your blogs. I look every day. It keeps me up to date on my baby brother and my two beautiful nieces. You are such inspiration to so many people. Keep up the wonderful job you are doing with the youths in our world today. I know you make a daily impact on their lives. Love you so much Amy.
Hey Amy!!! thanks for your beautiful words and I am so glad you still keep up with the blog!! I love you too and miss you and Jim. We need to get together this summer for sure:) I'll tell the girls you said Hi!!
Drop me a line on here as often as you want, I love to hear from you:)
Hey - are you trying to make us "work" to read your blog. Lighten up your text :)
Post a Comment