Monday, April 21, 2008

an expectant heart




last week as soon as we had one "nice" day, the girls wanted their bikinis on and were ready to hit the beach with shovel and frisbee in hand. I had to explain to them that even though they were super excited, we needed to wait.

God really spoke to me as I reflected on how cute the girls were about what I am expecting from God in my life. I think our tendencies are to get caught up in the day to day moment and not put a "demand" on growth in our lives. In Matthew 17 peter james and john were with Jesus on the mount of transfiguration. Because it was so incredible, peter wanted to build 3 tents for them so they could stay there forever.

God has done some amazing things in my life and ministry, but I don't want to camp out in what God did. I want more of God right now!! I need my heart to continually be enlarged to believe God for more!! More in my marriage, more in my ministry and more in my understanding of Him.

"ask and you will receive, seek and you will find, knock, and doors will be opened for you--matt.7:7

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon,

What darling pictures of the girls. Also I appreciated your thoughts on continuing to grow in all areas and not be stuck where we are.


Love Mom

Bradi said...

I also appreciate your thoughts ~ a good reminder.
But I'm a little put-off at the bikinis...what happened to the full-body swim suits?? =)

Cassie said...

Awesome thoughts PJ. Its a good reminder to EXPECT things from God. :)