Friday, October 31, 2008

Miracle match




Every week my good friend mike and I face off on the tennis court in an epic battle of skill and wills. although there have been a few incidents where testosterone driven competitiveness takes us over the brink, in most cases we have great matches and remain civil:)

last tuesday we took our wives to a tennis match at the van andel in GR between Pete Sampras and Jim Courier. It was sponsored by an organization working on a cure for Leukemia and all proceeds went to that. The match wasn't the greatest, Sampras pretty much killed him, but hanging out with mike and Liz while watching some of my child hood heroes was pretty cool.

Sorry about the terrible pics, I forgot my camera at work and had to use a disposable one that is designed to be used between six and eight feet away. Unfortunately, our seats weren't that close.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw some of that game. Pete is balding (I'm not alone).

Zondervan Life said...

yes he is balding Kurt, but his serve was still ripping off his racquet. I do think your pattern baldness is much more becoming than Pete's.

Cassie said...

looks like fun!

Roxy said...

I was used to going to live games... let's see, been to a baseball game, a football game... maybe hockey some time? Who knows??

Looks like you guys had fun!