If your anything like me, you probably are still wondering if what you just witnessed is for real..........It is. These are real people and this is really happening. As I sat in somewhat disbelief watching this, two thoughts came to my mind. (well three really, but you already can see they are somewhat crazy so I won't list that one.)
1. people cannot live in the absence of purpose. Why did Rick Warrens book sell ninety gajillion copies? Because every one of us was designed by God to live out a mission bigger than ourselves. This video is an example of what happens when human beings do not pursue the mission God designed and gifted them for and accept a substitute.
Jesus, as He was about to be executed, (John 18:37) told Pilot, "for this "cause" was I born, and for this "cause" I have come into the world. That I should bear witness to the truth."
Just like our savior, we need to realize we are living for a cause. Our mission in life is to represent Jesus. We live as a new kind of human being, used by God in the redeeming of His creation back to Him, one lost person at a time. It's the only thing that is eternal. Being a good steward of the environment is important, but its not why we are here. Lets not drift thru life thinking our only calling is our job or family (both important things) and miss the "cause" God has for us on earth. 2 corinthians 5 tells us we are his ambassadors sent to represent Him to our world! Ask yourself, what does that look like for me?
2. the second issue I have is that these people mourning the loss of forest in America, tend to be ultra liberals who will fight to the bitter end for the rights of women to abort a fetus at any time, for any reason. I can;t speak for these specific people, but generally they feel any restrictions on abortion is a trampling of the "rights" or privacy of women. This is one of the most tragic ironies on earth and another example of a misguided mission. I admire their passion, but when did trees become more important than children. I will never get it. Where is the wailing for human lives snuffed out?
Enough ranting, remember what we do on earth, echoes in eternity. People, far from God and hurting, are what really matter.
Well said Pastor Jon!!!I wonder if they have "Pet Rocks?"for you youngsters they use to sell a rock in a little box and they were called pet rocks. A marketing genius, probably retired on a tropical island relaxing now. I enjoy seeing the photos and stories of your beautiful girls. Thank you for sharing. I miss seeing them every Thursday. Give the girls my love.
I am a man who has gotten exactly what he DOESN'T deserve. After years of living for myself and spiraling into drugs and partying, on march 14 1999 Jesus Christ rescued me from myself. Since then, I am far from perfect, but have never been the same. I am the senior associate pastor (kind of like assistant to the regional manager:) at the most amazing church ever (radiantchurch.tv) and the people there are amazing!!
I have a beautiful wife kendra of 8 years and two incredibly cute daughters, Ava and Adalyn.
5 comments:
hey heavy, I'm no "Bill Nye the Science guy" but did she say the rock had life??? (1:26) I'm just sayin'...
I could hear my rice krispies screaming as I ate them this morning.
unreal...
Wordly sorrow brings death.
(2 Cor. 7:10)
Well said Pastor Jon!!!I wonder if they have "Pet Rocks?"for you youngsters they use to sell a rock in a little box and they were called pet rocks. A marketing genius, probably retired on a tropical island relaxing now.
I enjoy seeing the photos and stories of your beautiful girls. Thank you for sharing. I miss seeing them every Thursday. Give the girls my love.
Post a Comment