Tuesday, November 4, 2008

couch on wheels




in an effort to do our part to eradicate some of the debt in our lives, i made the decision to sell our suv. Upon searching high and low for a dependable vehicle at a no car payment price, a good friend of mine (at least for now:) directed me to a 1995 chevy Caprice classic. It is the one owner vehicle of an old retired baptist pastor (if you can't trust a baptist pastor, what's the world coming to?) who bought the car brand new in 1995 and babied it ever since. It is admittedly not the most attractive car ever to roll of an assembly line, but it is in great shape, perfect interior, no rust, and even a remote starter for kendra to take advantage of this winter!!

I was hoping for Kendra's sake that it would at least have a ram bar in the front or the super stylish side spot light, but sadly I don't think this was ever used in hot pursuit of criminals.

I know dave Ramsey may not approve of this, but I am saving up for some 24 inch spinners and hydraulics to go with the 5,000 watt stereo Kendra put on her Christmas list.

here's what I'm shooting for by January:)


6 comments:

Ratliff Family said...

Go ahead with your bad car, Heavy! I, myself, am rather fond of my 1998 Ford Widnstar that I bought at the Auto Auction in KC, MO for $1625. I will drive it until the wheels fall off (knock on wood).

Roxy said...

Old people are always the best to buy from! I got my '95 Chevy Lumina with only 32,000 miles on it almost SEVEN years ago from an old lady! Except for a little rust (only recently), one major electrical problem (pretty recently, too) and the fact that I side-swiped a wooden pole in a hurry to get to Kristin's house---all is well still! =)
I think that you should get the rims and system for sure. =)

Anonymous said...

yeah, definitely like the rims, however you may want to have the girls wear ear plugs or something, when you're "bumpin'" on Kendra's stereo.

Bradi said...

OMW that fits Kendra to a TEE!
=)

The Brogger's said...

Don't feel bad Jon. Both of my cars have 140,000 miles on them, but like Dave says they drive different when they aren't dragging a payment behind them.

dvd said...

I agree. You should get the rims and the system as well as the tint and the misc light covers. THEN, to totally top it off you have to make sure that the trunk rattles nicely when the subs kick. A very nice and classy touch indeed!