Sunday, December 21, 2008

last minute christmas gifts. part 1.


I am now at a place in my life where my therapist says it is ok to open up about the ghosts of Christmas shopping past in my life. I am not proud to say that there were a few years in my twenties, where I would be in walgreens at four a.m christmas morning, trying to find a clapper or sobakawa pillow for someone in my family. I once showed up at an extended family Christmas party with five instant lottery tickets as gifts because there was only one open gas station on the way there. ( I don't think my cousin would have been complaining if he had won 20,000 dollars right?!) Sadly, none of the tickets were winners and I was forced to attempt morphing the gifts into a lovely set of bookmarks.

Anyways, just in case some of you have been procrastinating or still holding out for the perfect gift, I will be dedicating the next few blog installments to helping you make someone's Christmas the best it can be while there is still time.

Introducing first.............The "couples" toilet. yes I did mention it briefly last year, but is it possible to over mention such a timeless gift? Maybe your wife is complaining your not spending enough time with her? I ask you, what could be more romantic than sharing this level of togetherness for the holidays? Do you hear what I hear? Let yourself imagine the sound of the Febreeze can trying to cover the early morning aroma of your combined efforts.

Trust me, your spouse won't know what to say when they unwrap this little gem. In fact, Kendra and I haven't even spoken since I surprised her with one last year. I think it's because the english language just can't supply the words to represent this kind of love, or its because she's still mad. I guess I'll never know. Talk about the gift that keeps on giving. This year should be even better!!!

Stay tuned:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

"Honey, I ran out over here, could you pass me some tp?"

I wish my bathroom was big enough for one of those, but I guess I'll have to wait for your other ideas.

Anonymous said...

You're too much! I'm a little nervous about what is coming up next.....

Roxy said...

Ha ha! Your blogs never cease to provide utmost entertainment. =)
Can't wait for the next item... hopefully it's not bathroom related! O gosh... ha ha...

Cassie said...

Your blogs leave me speechless...your....imagination and innovation are far.....below your years??Hahah. I dont know, I just love your blogs!