My beautiful wife Kendra was heading up a weekend of worship and prayer at our "captured" young woman's event on friday, so being the incredibly health conscience dad that I am, I found myself having to acquiesce to their demand that we go to Mickey D's. While I love the time that I have with just me and the girls, I am a much bigger fan of the drive thru where the germs and wrongness associated with mc d's is contained to the car. However, the girls were begging me to let them "play" (code for wallow in a cesspool of germs and stocking feet funk) so I broke down.
It started out with me in line ordering the happy meals only to look down and Addy is licking the steel counter which was at perfect mouth level for her. After insisting that she gargle hand sanitizer while we waited, we proceeded to enter the "playland". I immediately turned around and informed the girls there was no way we could eat in there. The stench of sweat and germs was making me want to go back to the front and lick the counter myself.
Anyways, amid the craziness of the other screaming, much larger children, I allowed my girls to spend about ten minutes climbing thru the tunnels and slides that I'm sure are disinfected on a nightly basis.........NOT!!!!
The pic of Addy crying is because she got scared at the top and I almost had to go up there to get her because Ava was refusing even after I tried to explain to her that daddy couldn't fit!!
I don't usually lie to my children, but when they asked if we could come back and I said yes, I knew deep down that this was a mission that perhaps their mother would take them on again someday, but i am way to much of a germaphobe to go thru that again:)

4 comments:
once Tiff got poop on her hand(and it wasnt her'sO)!!!!! and I never went back. You should of asked me first :)
Ha ha! Awww!
Better licking the steel counter than licking the bathroom floor, right?? Where's the infamous handsantizer?
Sounded like the girls had fun! They're so cute!
I have 3 things to say:
1. the poop comment triggered my gag reflex automatically
2. all of the other kids are always much worse behaved than your own
3. My friend had to recapture her child from the top once and said that her feet stuck to the plastic as she took each step. EEEEWWWWW!!
Very good insight susan!! I liked your second comment, I never really thought of it like that , but its soooooo true. As for the poop, I think it is kind of like Terry's hair and your knapp's coleslaw, you have to ask for it on the side!!
Post a Comment