I can't believe I did this=) I came back from a spiritual journey in texas and felt like I may want to do this, but I didn't right away. I've never been a big tattoo "fan", so I wanted to make sure this was something that I was sure about. I really felt like it was supposed to be a part of my 2010 (and beyond) as a constant reminder of the things God spoke to me on that retreat. With that in mind, I endured the pain and "inked" myself permanently on dec. 30th.
The word "chazaq" is a hebrew word that is a uniquely strong and powerful descriptor of courage. It is used over 300 times in the bible and according to strongs hebrew dictionary..........It is a primitive root that means: to fasten upon; hence to seize, to be strong, courageous, play the man, mend, become mighty, prevail, be recovered, repair, retain, seize, strengthen (self), be (make, shew, wax) strong (-er), be sure, take (hold), be urgent, behave self valiantly, withstand.
Here is some examples of it in scripture......
1 Chronicles 19:13...... Be of good courage,(chazaq) and let us behave ourselves valiantly (chazaq) for our people, and for the cities of our God: and let the LORD do that which is good in his sight.
Psalms 27:14........ Wait on the LORD: be of good courage,(chazaq) and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Joshua 1:9----Have I not commanded you? be strong, and very courageous, (chazaq) do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go
Chazaq is a bold word describing the believer's confident courage that is perfected while waiting on God. In the mighty power of God, be brave. Be strong. Take courage. Do not give up, God is with you thru every storm and circumstance and will give you the strength (chazaq) you need to get through.
The sword of course is a symbol and reminder that I (and all christians) are in a war. I am called to fight for my faith, family, and generation.
Song of Solomon 8:6
"Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame."---This is now the seal upon my arm, forever I guess=)
Funny story, I showed the tattoo to Ava and told her it was real (not like the ones they have put on before), so she asks me "is that going to stay there forever?" I said yes. "even when you die?" I said uh Huh. "even when I die?" I said yup. Then she looks at me as serious as can be and says......"even when everything turns to darkness?"=) Where the heck did that come from?!!!!!!
Had to write that one down so I wouldn't forget!

6 comments:
no way, is that really your arm?
That is really my arm, I know that camera lens made it look so skinny, I'm so much buffer if I use my kodak instead of the canon=)
just one thing... U should have gotten it with the hebrew letters, now that would have left me impressed. :) lol
Whoa!!
I LOVE IT PJ =)
I told myself back when i quit S.I. that when it had been a year since i quit i would get a tattoo that said overcome in Hebrew (Revelation 12:11)which translates to: להתגבר
Whoa! I have not looked at your blog in a while. I am stunned!! Is it legal for a pastor to have a tattoo? ;) hehe... Love it!!
Post a Comment