This morning I had the incredible privilege of praying with Kendra and re-inviting God to be first in our lives as we begin this new year. As I spent time being still before God, I felt a phrase that God spoke to me a few weeks ago be re-deposited in my heart. "the ultimate purpose of worship is exaltation, not an encounter. You may not always "feel" God, but He is always worthy to be praised". Worshipping God isn't about goosebumps, (although its great when you get them) its a decision to praise no matter the circumstance.
As I believe God for blessing, favor, increase, and more of His presence in my life this year, I am determining to worship God with renewed passion. To meditate on who He is, and how gracious He is to me. Not just thanking Him when something "great" happens in my life or some monumental event takes place, but recognizing that his presence alone is worth all my praise and more. As you begin to dream about 2010 and your future, refuse to dwell on negatives, complain, or be driven by fear. Instead, determine to ascribe "worth" to your King like never before, and let that be the launch pad for blessing!!
David was a worshiper, and even when his sin led him to an adulterous affair resulting in the murder of an innocent husband, God still called him a man after his own heart. Don't let your sin, wrong mindsets, or short comings keep you from pressing into God. Praise prepares the way for blessing.
Psalm 67:5-7 (New King James Version)
5 Let the peoples praise You, O God;
Let all the peoples praise You.
6 THEN the earth shall yield her increase;
God, our own God, shall bless us.
7 God shall bless us,
And all the ends of the earth shall fear Him.
When God's people worship Him, He cant help but pour out blessing!!!
I've included a video of what in my opinion is one of the most powerful worship songs ever put to music. The theme is simple........I Exalt Thee. That's it. No fluff, no secret formula. I encourage you to take the nine minutes that this video runs, crank the volume, and have your own time of worship right now. Make the very first thing you do in 2010 exalting and lifting high the name of your Lord. This arrangement by Jesus Culture (who ive posted on before) is amazing and you will be glad you did it=) Go ahead and sing along LOUD!!!!
When Anxiety Attacks
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment