new years eve is always a momentous time of celebration, especially when it marks the close of a decade as this one did. However, unbeknownst to most people, this day held even more meaning to me. December 31st 2009 was also the 30th birthday of my beautiful wife Kendra. I can't believe how fast the time as gone. It seems like yesterday I was picking you up from middle school on our first date. KIDDING!!!!!!!! She's not that much younger than me!!!!
We hung out with friends for some hibachi japanese cuisine, and had our first kiss of 2010 at bistro bella vita in G.R. where my buddy is the manager.
I love you so much Kendra and I thank God for the incredible gift he gave me when you came into my life. Thanks for walking by my side these nine years of marriage and partnering with me in the ministry and the raising of our precious girls. You are truly an amazing wife, mother, and friend and I look so forward not only to 2010, not only to you being in your thirties, but decades of falling in love with you over and over again.
I ended up going the sentimental route with Kendra's gift. I put all of the video tapes I've recorded since Ava was born almost six years ago, and finally had them burned on to dvd. I included a certificate for a dinner prepared by me, a foot and back massage, and plenty of Kleenex as we watch how God has blessed us over the years=)

No comments:
Post a Comment