



A short list of things that grabbed my Attention this week and brief commentary to go with them
1. these people pictured hanging off of a 318 meter waterfall are insane. Apparently this is in Zimbabwe and it is all the new rage to brave the "devils pool" and experience the rush of swimming as close to the edge as possible without falling off. umm........... no thanks-go to youtube and search "devils pool"
2. I found this picture of a college girl playing softball browsing thru a sports page. Remind me never to make fun of girl softball players and also to scratch my name off of the coed church league list. If I had to bat with this young lady pitching, I would fake a leg injury and hobble back to the bench crying.
3. I found this disturbing article about a high school (even though they call it college, they are 11th graders) in Australia where they have a "girls club" that ranks them in "hotness" from 1-21 based on looks, body and popularity with boys. The "club 21" motto is "ugly girls need not apply" Apparently they are encouraged on weekends to see how much they can drink and how many guys they can hook up. This is how you climb up in the rankings. I was just at a youth pastors meeting and found out that a high school in the area right now has 50 pregnant students and 20 have already given birth this year. We need a Jesus encounter in our generation!

3 comments:
I don't think I'd be swimming in the devil's pool either.
Amen brother, on both accounts!
I think I'll stay with the safty of a back yard pool... or maybe Gun Lake!
Post a Comment