Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ava's accident:) and God's love


Ava has been potty trained for a while now, but for the last few weeks she hasn't worn a pull- up at night. Well this morning she came in our room and let us know that she had peed the bed. Amidst the changing of sheets and necessary baths, I thought about how my life has changed since having children. There are times when you are so sick of the whining, bickering between sisters, and constantly having to endure kids programming (i find myself sometimes singing dora in the shower) that you are tempted to think.......I deserve a break, I want more time for me! There is nothing I love more than being a dad, but I think we've all had those moments. Then I was immediately reminded of my Father's unreasonable love for me. What if God decided He needed a "break" from being my Daddy. Even though He deserves it all, He gave up EVERYTHING! I feel God calling me to die to myself more everyday.

I find myself learning more and more of God's character since becoming a dad. Loving my girls sooooo much and wanting the best for them is always a reminder of God's love for me.
Matt. 7:11--If you as sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those He loves"--
Thank you Father for always thinking of me first, Jesus make me more like you.

ps. In case I sound like I am complaining, let me just say that my wife Kendra does infinitely more on a day to day basis then I do. Not only is she the most incredible mother all week, but because I am at church early on Sunday, she gets the girls ready herself and comes back at night to sing for our youth service!!!

You can learn more about Kendra at www.mywifeisthebomb.com (kidding, not responsible for what that website contains, didn't check)

2 comments:

Brenda said...

If you ever need a second job, doing stand-up would be a good bet. I'm not sure HOW you can write a compelling & introspective post that cracks me up too. TALENTED!

Bradi said...

Your wife IS the bomb..but you're a good baby-daddy too. =)