Thursday, June 5, 2008

I still Got It!


Long Before I was a blessed to be a pastor at this amazing church, I spent many a year in the food industry. My journey started at Bill knapps (where you cook from scratch and it blows, I means shows) and ended at an italian joint called papa vino's. I don't get a chance to show off my skills much anymore (my kids live on mac and cheese and raman noodles), but yesterday at our youth service i unveiled my latest cuisine.
Last wednesday i did a sermon out of james 3 and the power of the tongue so i went to a local butcher to pick up a cow tongue for affect. After putting it in the face of screaming teen girls, I promised the kids this week that I would cook it for them to eat.
I looked a recipe up on the internet and shocked my self and others by how good it was!!! it tasted just like a beef roast!!

Anyway, my camera died after only one picture, but I think it captures the essence of the moment.

ps. the hat was from a lady who works in the hardings meat dept. i told her I needed it and promised to give it back. She let me have it:) I guess I must just look Honest!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to be a vegetarian! ...oh wait... :) gross.

Roxy said...

You are crazy!!!
Ha ha! What entertainment. =) Not many a youth pastor would hold cow tongue skin in his mouth.

Cassie said...

yeah, how many students can say that their crazy youth pastor A-brought a COW tounge fresh out of the mouth to church, B-decided to cook it and C-ate it..as well as served it up to his sutdents. First time, and most likely last time I'll ever have cow tounge was because of you..how..nice??? lol

Bradi said...

Is that green GUM I see in your mouth when I zoom into the picture??
That is foul looking but I would be the first to try it to see if it really tastes like a beef roast. YUM. who knew?
p.s. totally miss Knapps...those were the days!!

Anonymous said...

I'll take a side of augs and some last sale dated peach cobbler please!

Zondervan Life said...

dan!! I am totally laughing out loud right now!!! remember that movie we watched and she brought the peach cobbler!!!! Thanks for the memories bro:)

heres another one for you.........The brahma bull, and the texas rattlesnake!! (all said with the side of the mouth lisp of course)

The Brogger's said...

Sandra wants to know how long on her dinner chicken... The good ole days at Knapps.

Ratliff Family said...

Hey, it's Susan, ready on dessert. I need cheese on this apple pie and a cake deluxe. And tell Foster to get my C&B, the Vandenburg's are here.