


Last wednesday the 18th was the kick off of our combined night of youth service for both jr and sr high schoolers. The plan was to do the services back to back with jr. high starting at 6:30 and sr high at 7:30. To rally everyone around it, we had a jousting event for the middle schoolers and a mechanical bull for sr high. Only one serious injury was sustained unless you count the injured pride of those that I whupped at jousting. A girl was thrown off the bull and instead of rolling over, she sat up straight as a board and the bull head rotated around and whacked her pretty good on the noggin. I think the sound (which was pretty loud) of it hitting her made it worse than it really was, but she was a good sport about it. Once we mopped up her skull fragments, we got right back into it. KIDDING!!!!! She Was fine I said!!
Anyways, I did a sermon called eternal realities to help young people understand that every moment of our lives is precious and the decisions we make today are affecting our futures. I had two doors on the stage, one that said "my way", and one that said God's way. I then briefly communicated five eternal truths from the bible.
1. God made you to love you and wants you to love Him back
2. You were created to live forever
3. God has prepared two eternal places
4. YOU choose where you will spend eternity
5. there is no second chance when you die.
Next week we will look at the reality of hell, and end on a high note (no pun intended) and discuss heaven.
To emphasize the point of our lives being fragile, I had some pall bearers carry me on to the stage in a casket which we borrowed from our generous friends at langeland funeral home. It was a little creepy being locked and carried in it and I would just as soon be dead before the next time! Who says church can't be fun?
Over all it was a great night, students made decisions to follow Jesus and had a great time hanging out. Thanks so much to all my leaders who helped pull it off, it will only get smoother and I could never do what we do here at rez without you!!

2 comments:
That was so much fun!
Also, the small groups were awesome. I'm so excited to be leading with Amanda. She has such a tender heart. =)
yeah the coffin thing was slightly creepy. But the night went SUPERB I though! :) And I know that the small groups will grow on the kids! And thanks for helping my grow in my leadership abilities! Thanks for helping me get out of my comfort zone, cause whether you know it or not-leading one of the groups-is kinda out of my comfort zone! But with everything else God has been working on my with, this was just a natural step out of that zone! So thanks for believing that I could go further! :)
Post a Comment