No doubt that mainstream christian music has come a long way since it early eighty's roots in whitecross and stryper. You can pretty much pick a genre of music, and find artists in the christian community equally, if not more talented than their secular counterparts. Because of the rise in popularity of christian music, many country and pop songs are incorporating spirituality and God references in their music.
But what is the foundation that the Skillets, Pillars, Thousand foot Crutches and Reliant K's were built on? Who were the real pioneers that helped usher in this phenomenon that is quality christian bands?
I dare say that I have stumbled across a group whose sound can only be categorized as light years ahead of it's time. The kind of musical genius that todays bands could only hope to obtain.
long before michael Gungor introduced us to " friend of God" , Sonseed already had Jesus as a friend:)
Take 3 minutes to enjoy and see for yourself.........(please pay close attention to 1:14 and let me know what you think about his facial expression while announcing Jesus is a friend of his. Is it just me, or does he roll the "r" in friend?)
Do you ever wonder if someday we will look back on our era and think it is THIS outdated?
When Anxiety Attacks
9 years ago

6 comments:
Wow... and they really thought they were cool?
I don't know, Heavy, that's pretty outdated! It's like an old SNL skit!
I dont know..this made me mearly burst into tears tonight at Surge. I was afraid, very afraid. my favorite line- "you taught me how to pray and still play rock and roll" or something...creepy business.
I must say....I love it when he says, "Zap!" And the hip sway of the guitarist is classic! It gets more violent as the song goes on. Maybe Ryan should try that at Pursuit sometime?
~Kim
Hey PJ, I blogged about that word that I wanted to tell you about on Wednesday, so you can read about it if you want!
i must say i truly loved the video.....when you played it at surge/pulse i was dancing :] ha,
good times.....it is my new fav song ;]
Post a Comment