Yesterday was my big debut as the parent helper in Ava's preschool class. I was in charge of bringing the snack and juice, as well as making sure it began with the letter "c". Lot's of pressure I know, but I finally went with care bear fruit snacks, (I was going to go all healthy with carrots or cauliflower, but I didn't want the kids to hate me)
My tasks included getting the snack ready, putting all the papers in the kids backpacks, as well as going thru all of them first to check for playdough that good preschool parents make at home (not us) or money for field trips. I felt like airport security as I'm in the back rifling thru everyone's bags. I only found a few weapons and some suspicious looking powder that I was pretty sure was just arsenic, but I took it to the principle anyway. A few kids might be a little short on field trip money, but that's what their parents get for sending cash.
I then took each child one at a time into the hallway to test their knowledge of colors and shapes. I assured them that if they couldn't identify a rectangle, it was only 20 lashes and not to worry. In all seriousness, I was quite surprised how many knew almost all of them. Grey was a tough color for some and oval was the toughest shape. Most guessed either circle or egg:) It was interesting to see how different children responded to not knowing them. Some would just guess, some would shrug their shoulders, but most would just kind of look at you blankly with sort of a shy smile while repeating um, um, um, um. It was very sweet.
All In all it was alot of fun and I just love interacting with and observing kids at that age. God bless Mrs. Thomas and all other teachers called to pour into our generation and we'll see how Kendra fares when its her turn!!!

3 comments:
Should have gone with the carrots. jk
Awww... what a great opportunity to get a glimpse of Ava's day! =)
Hey, you had plenty to pick from! C&B, custard pie, cole slaw, carrot raisin salad, chopped steak mw (doug)...this list goes on and on. Let me know what you want and I'll have Terry get right on that after he preps the augs.
Post a Comment