Tuesday, June 17, 2008

crossing arms



The new thing around the zondervan household is to cross your arms and sort of rock back in forth in disgust when you don't get what you want. No, not Kendra, I'm talking about my daughters:) (every good husband knows that there is never a time when the wife doesn't get what she wants:)

Anyway, I took a few pics my girls doing it and have told them....."stop crossing your arms and get that look off your face!" in my very stern I'm not messing around dad voice. Although it has only been moderately successful, they aren't doing it nearly as often or for as long as they used to (now they pretty much stomp their feet and go to their rooms, but I'm working on that)

We were at walmart yesterday and Addy my two year old noticed the lady in line in front of us had her arms crossed as her items were being scanned. Addy immediately pointed at her and said.....Daddy, she has her arms crossed, she has her arms crossed!! I felt compelled to explain to the lady why this was a big deal and she abruptly uncrossed them to appease my daughter:)

Lastly, as we were checking out, Addy started singing "NO, Jesus loves me, No Jesus loves me, the bible tells me so." I gently mentioned that the correct lyrics were YES, Jesus loves me and the cashier was cracking up:) Very cute moment!

3 comments:

Roxy said...

Ha ha! Cute! It must be hard not to laugh even when they are pouting, but I guess it's only cute for so long. =)
Addy's a preacher! She's shining the love of Jesus in the grocery store! Sing it, sister! =)

Ratliff Family said...

Hey Heavy! Thanks for visiting the blog. It's always good to hear from friends that you haven't seen in a while. Anyway, can you have Ferd change the coke when he has a second.

Bradi said...

I always find arm-crossing and feet-stomping effective for getting what I want...if BJK tries to tell me no. =)